by Lauren Froelich
Have you ever wanted to take a meal to a family with a lot on their plate — whether they have a newborn at home, are moving, or are caring for a sick loved one — but you’re having a hard time coming up with a good meal? Here are some meal ideas to get you started:
1. Order take out from the family’s favorite restaurant.
2. If there are a few of you that want to go in together, have groceries delivered to the family.
3. This Sticky Bourbon Chicken recipe can be made ahead so all the family needs to do is bake it.
4. Soups are a great idea because they can be made ahead of time and easily reheated. Check out this delicious sausage and bean soup.
5. If you’re short on time pick up a rotisserie chicken, fresh vegetables, and fruit.
6. Check out this Creamy Chicken Quinoa Casserole – looks delicious!
7. Baked Penne with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato makes two pans worth so you can keep one for your own dinner.
8. Your favorite crock pot chili recipe is also a good option. Here is one chili recipe that’s not too spicy and easy to make.
9. Provide all of your favorite fix-in’s for tacos! My favorite taco ingredients are diced chicken breast, black beans, avocado, cheddar cheese, brown rice, and salsa. You could even use this homemade taco seasoning recipe.
10. This Pulled Pork Sandwich recipe can be made in the crock pot and then all it needs is a bag of hamburger buns and extra BBQ sauce. Drop it off with a salad or vegetables and it makes a great dinner.
Just a few meal ideas to get you started. Feel free to leave your favorite go-to recipes in the Comments Section!